Music Audience Exchange, Inc.
U.S. Cellular® Lauren Alaina Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES/DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or any other site or medium that might host content where information about this promotion is posted or published (collectively "Content Hosts"). The Content Hosts are not affiliated with the Sponsor or U.S. Cellular in any way.
1. Promotion and Sponsor: Participation in the Music Audience Exchange, Inc./U.S. Cellular Lauren Alaina Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") constitutes Entrant's (as defined in Rule 4, below) full and unconditional agreement to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Promotion is sponsored solely by Music Audience Exchange, Inc., 2595 Dallas Parkway, Suite 440, Frisco, TX 75034 ("Sponsor"), and administered by Sponsor and U.S. Cellular. All decisions related to, as well as all interpretation of, these Official Rules by Sponsor and its authorized representatives are final and binding in all matters concerning this Promotion. While this Promotion may be promoted via Content Hosts, such Content Hosts are not affiliated with Sponsor or this Promotion. Entrant is providing his/her information only to Sponsor and U.S. Cellular, and not to Content Hosts.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 AM CDT on July 9, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CDT on August 30, 2020 (the "Promotion Period"). Only entries submitted and received during the Promotion Period will be accepted. Sponsor is the official timekeeper of this Promotion.
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States, age 18 or older (19 or older if a resident of AL or NE). Employees, officers, directors and representatives of Sponsor, U.S. Cellular, Lauren Alaina or their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion and advertising agencies, anyone involved with the design, execution or fulfillment of the Promotion, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and step- parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules will result in disqualification.
Eligibility is contingent upon agreement to, compliance with, and fulfillment of all requirements of these Official Rules. Participation in the Promotion in any way, including submission of any entry or the partial completion of any act of entry or any other steps taken to participate in the Promotion in any manner, constitutes full and unconditional agreement with all provisions of these Official Rules.
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry, as described below. By participating in the Promotion in any way you will become an "Entrant." Each Entrant who enters using one of the below methods of entry will receive one (1) entry in the Promotion. Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address for the entire Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry.
1st Method of Entry: During the Promotion Period, you will automatically become an Entrant and receive one (1) entry in the Promotion by properly completing and submitting an online entry form at uscellularconnects.com.
2nd Method of Entry: During the Promotion Period, you will become an Entrant and receive one (1) entry in the Promotion by mailing a legibly handwritten 3x5" postcard with all required information (see Rule 5, below) and proper postage affixed to Music Audience Exchange, Inc., Attn: U.S. Cellular Lauren Alaina Sweepstakes, 2595 Dallas Parkway, Suite 440, Frisco, TX 75034. To be eligible, the postcard must be received by Sponsor and contain the following information: your first and last name, mobile phone number (including area code), ZIP Code, email address, wireless carrier, and age. Your properly completed submission, when received by the Sponsor on behalf of U.S. Cellular, will constitute a “Mail-In Entry”. Postcards must be handwritten and no copies or reproductions will be accepted. Each Mail-In Entry must be postmarked and received at the above address during the Promotion Period to be eligible.
5. Conditions of Entry: Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void. Only qualified entries received by Sponsor during the Promotion Period are eligible for participation. Neither the Sponsor nor U.S. Cellular are responsible for entries under either method of entry above that are not actually received, regardless of the reason.
If you choose to enter using a mobile device, STANDARD MESSAGE RATES AND DATA CHARGES APPLY in accordance with the terms and conditions of your individual service plan. You should consult such terms and conditions prior to participating via a mobile device. A mobile device is not required to enter the Promotion.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein.
Entrants may be required to provide the following personal information in order to be eligible for a Promotion prize: your first and last name, mobile phone number (including area code), ZIP Code, email address, wireless carrier, and age (collectively or individually, "Personal Information"). All requested Personal Information must be provided to participate in the Promotion and to be eligible to win a prize. Unintelligible entries; entries with incomplete, invalid, incorrect or noncurrent information; entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen, postage-due, mechanically reproduced or not delivered; entries that are damaged or tampered with in any way; and entries that are otherwise non-compliant in accordance with these Official Rules, will be disqualified. Disqualified entries are not the responsibility of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible if a potential winner does not receive his or her prize because erroneous, expired, canceled, fraudulent or fake information was provided to enter or claim a prize in the Promotion. Proof of sent entry and/or entry receipt (such as a copy of a "thank you" screen or message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of entry by Sponsor for purposes of this Promotion.
Participation must be made by the Entrant him/herself. Participation by any other individual or entity, and/or originating at any other website, email address or phone number, including, but not limited to, commercial promotion, subscription notification and/or promotion entering service sites, is invalid and will be disqualified from this Promotion. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple email addresses, phone numbers, identities, registrations or logins; entries through a sweepstakes club or similar entity; or any other unauthorized method of entry will void all of Entrant's entries and Entrant will be disqualified from the entire Promotion. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by an automated program, script or macro, or the use of any other similar device, program or method to enter this Promotion is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address supplied at the time of entry will be deemed to be Entrant. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" of an email address is the natural person assigned to that email address by a service provider or any other organization (business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning accounts to that email address. If the identity of the individual who actually participated in the Promotion cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected individual's entry will be deemed ineligible.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules, tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion (including, but not limited to, tampering with websites, email addresses or phone numbers), or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law from any person it finds to have made such an attempt.
6. Prizes: Prizes consist of a General Grand Prize and Customer Grand Prizes, as described below.
General Grand Prize. All eligible participants (per the Eligibility requirements set forth above) are eligible to win the one (1) available General Grand Prize, which has an approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $500. The General Grand Prize consists of:
- One (1) Virtual private meet & greet with Lauren Alaina using a third-party video conferencing platform;
- One (1) piece of merchandise of Sponsor’s choice signed by Lauren Alaina; and
- One (1) audio merchandise package of Sponsor’s choice.
Customer Grand Prizes. Eligible participants (per the Eligibility requirements set forth above) who were customers of U.S. Cellular as of July 8, 2020, are eligible to win the General Grand Prize or a Customer Grand Prize. There are ten (10) available Customer Grand Prizes, each of which has an ARV of $500, and consists of the following:
- One (1) Virtual group Meet & Greet with Lauren Alaina and all other Customer Grand Prize winners using a third-party video conferencing platform.
The prizes consist only of the items described above. All additional costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specifically described as part of the prize above are not included in the prize.
No compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference between the ARV and the actual value of a prize at the time it is awarded. Sponsor shall in no way be responsible for any cancellations, delays, postponements, diversions, substitutions, changes in service, or any other act, omission, or result thereof, caused by any third party or by any Force Majeure, including but not limited to the Covid-19 pandemic. The prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not, in whole or in part, assignable, transferable or available for resale. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. By accepting a prize, the winners acknowledge that Sponsor has made no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize or any portion thereof. This includes, without limitation, any warranty, representation or guarantee related to the prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the exclusive right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (of component thereof) is not available for any reason, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Federal, state, and local income taxes on the prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility. Prize-specific terms and conditions may apply. If a winner elects not to partake in any portion of his/her prize, that portion of the prize will be forfeited and the winner will not receive compensation in lieu thereof. The winners must have no restrictions on their ability to fully participate in the prize. Sponsor is not responsible if the winner is denied entry into, or removed from, any event venue. In such a situation, the winner will be responsible for all additional costs incurred. The winners must obey all event venue rules. Failure to do so may result in non-admission to, or removal from, the event venue, and/or forfeiture of all or part of the prize.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, restrict the celebrity interaction portion of the prize in any manner, including, without limitation, length of time and number, type, or availability of photographs, videos, and autographs. Virtual personal appearance by Lauren Alaina is subject to change based on availability. If a winner has a known negative history, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be excluded from the celebrity interaction portion of the applicable prize.
If a prize event is cancelled or otherwise does not occur for any reason, the portion of the prizes associated with that event will not be awarded, and no additional compensation will be provided to the winners in lieu of the event. In the event that a prize event is rescheduled or postponed, the portion of the prize associated with that event will be awarded for the rescheduled date (if any).
Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a winner is disqualified or not eligible (as determined by Sponsor in its discretion), or if a winner for any other reason cannot accept the prize as stated, then s/he will forfeit the prize in its entirety and Sponsor may randomly select a new winner among all remaining eligible entries received through both entry methods combined for the applicable drawing pool (time permitting). The winners will be required to submit, where legal, a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release (the "Release"), along with a properly completed U.S. Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Form W-9, within a required time period to be eligible to receive a prize (required time period will be communicated in the Release).
Only one (1) General Grand Prize and ten (10) Customer Grand Prizes will be awarded. In the event that technical, human or any other reasons cause more than one (1) General Grand Prize and ten (10) Customer Grand Prizes to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the one (1) intended number of General Grand Prizes or Customer Grand Prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, eligible prize claims received for the applicable prize(s).
7. Winner Determination and Verification: On or about September 2, 2020, Sponsor will select one (1) potential General Grand Prize winner in a random drawing (“Prize Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received through both entry methods combined during the Promotion Period.
On or about September 2, 2020, Sponsor will select ten (10) potential Customer Grand Prize winners in a random Prize Drawing from among all eligible entries received from eligible, qualifying U.S. Cellular customers through both entry methods combined during the Promotion Period.
All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification, on an ongoing basis, by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. An Entrant is not a winner of a prize, even if notified of being a winner and/or issued any item of value, unless and until Entrant's eligibility has been, and continues to be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor.
To be verified as eligible to receive a prize, the potential winner must fulfill all requirements and continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and must not be disqualified for any reason. The potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone (subject to Sponsor's discretion). If a potential winner of a prize cannot be contacted using the information provided at the time of entry, or fails to respond to Sponsor's attempt to notify them of selection within 48 hours; if any prize or notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error or undeliverable type "bounce back" email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if a potential winner fails to sign and return the Release or any other required documentation or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept his/her prize as stated; or if a potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason at any time before, during or after the Promotion Period, a potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits his/her prize, and an alternate winner will be selected a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable drawing pool.
In the event that an Entrant is disqualified for any reason, the foregoing process will be repeated until the applicable prize is awarded or until three (3) attempts have been made to award the prize and each attempt has failed. Sponsor will identify the potential winner and verify the potential winner's eligibility. If unable to verify a potential winner's eligibility, Sponsor will select an alternative potential winner within a reasonable time thereafter in random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Prize Drawing.
In any case, the final winner will be determined, and the prizes will be awarded, within a reasonable time after the end of the Promotion Period, provided the prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. The names of the winners may be obtained by printing the requestor's name, address, city, state and ZIP Code on a 3x5" postcard and mailing it to Music Audience Exchange, Inc., Attn: U.S. Cellular Lauren Alaina Sweepstakes Winner List, 2595 Dallas Parkway, Suite 440, Frisco, TX 75034. Limit one (1) request per person, per household. Requests must be received by 09/30/2020 and will be furnished after the winners have been confirmed.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received through both entry methods combined for the applicable Prize Drawing.
8. Limitations of Liability: By entering or participating in this Promotion in any way, each Entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, U.S. Cellular, Lauren Alaina and Content Hosts, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, advertising or promotional agencies and distributors, and each of their respective parent companies and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing entities (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from and against any claim or cause of action related to this Promotion, including, but not limited to, infringement of any right of publicity or intellectual property; threatened or actual injury, loss or damage to any person, including death and disability; defamation or portrayal in a false light (intentional and unintentional); invasion of privacy; and damage to or loss of property, arising out of such Entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of a prize (if applicable). To the extent allowed by applicable law, in no event will Released Parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of this Promotion. (Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check local laws for restrictions regarding these limitations or exclusions.)
Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind; (2) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, any internet, social media or email service provider, any promotional or advertising agency, printing or computing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the transmission, receipt and processing of entries, or the announcement of the winners and prizes; (5) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by Entrant's participation in the Promotion; (6) the receipt, use or misuse of a prize (if applicable); or (7) any other errors in any materials, information or announcements associated with the Promotion. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted by Sponsor, Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, subject to availability and provided that the Promotion has not then expired.
EACH ENTRANT AND THE WINNERS, WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE § 1542 (AND ALL SIMILAR LAWS OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES), WHICH READS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” EACH ENTRANT AND THE WINNERS, REPRESENT AND WARRANT FULL UNDERSTANDING OF, AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE SIGNIFICANCE AND CONSEQUENCE OF, WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE § 1542 (AND ALL SIMILAR LAWS OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES).
9. Licenses from Entrant. To the extent allowed by law, participation in the Promotion in any way and/or acceptance of, or participation in, the prizes (if applicable) constitutes each Entrant's irrevocable consent for, and grant of, a non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license to Sponsor and U.S. Cellular to use, publish, post, or display Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, filmed, taped or otherwise recorded image, voice, opinions, statements, prize information, biographical information, and/or hometown and state, regardless of whether altered, modified, distorted, edited, or used alone or with other material, in Sponsor’s and U.S. Cellular’s sole discretion, for promotional, advertising, trade, and publicity purposes in any medium now known or later discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity, without review or approval by Entrant, and without further notice, payment, or consideration of any kind to Entrant.
All rights, consents and licenses granted to Sponsor under these Official Rules will survive the termination of this Promotion. Entrant's consent and license may only be revoked in writing, and the mere ending of this Promotion or Promotion Period is not sufficient to revoke such consent or license.
10. Right to Modify or Cancel: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event any provision is found invalid or unenforceable, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was never included. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any mistake, clerical or typographical error, omission, fraud, technical failure, tampering, computer virus or other factor, technical or otherwise, beyond Sponsor's reasonable control, impairs Sponsor's ability to properly conduct the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, subject to any applicable law or regulation. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prizes by random drawings from among the eligible entries received through both entry methods combined for each Prize Drawing up to the time of the cancellation, suspension or modification of the Promotion. Inclusion in such random drawing is Entrant's exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (1) all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the prizes will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court located in Collin County, Texas; and (2) all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights or obligations of Entrant, Sponsor or U.S. Cellular in connection with the Promotion, are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, no matter what jurisdiction, that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
12. Privacy: By entering this Promotion, Entrant agrees to Sponsor's and U.S. Cellular's manner of collection, use, retention and disclosure of Entrant's Personal Information submitted in connection with the Promotion. Personal Information collected from Entrant is subject to Sponsor's and U.S. Cellular's privacy policies, which can be found at http://www.musicaudienceexchange.com/privacy-policy and https://www.uscellular.com/site/privacy/index.html, respectively.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to U.S. Cellular or the Content Hosts.